Saturday, March 26, 2011

Italy - Part 1 "Venice"

















I will have to do this in sections because we took more than 600 pictures.
Italy was so much fun with my sister. I miss her daily, but know that if we can tour around Italy with a one year old on our backs we will be able to go anywhere, do anything and see so much more together.
These pictures are a little out of order. I will try to do better with Florence and Rome.
Venice- We took a train to Venice from Sacile. Sacile is a city about 15 min away from where Corrie lives. It took a little less than an hour to arrive in Venice.
Once we arrived we were ready to explore. One of Corrie's friends had given her a backpack that holds kids, so we used that instead of a stroller because we knew we wouldn't be able to get around in Venice with one. The city was Full of shopping, yummy pizza and pastries. As you can see in one of the pictures we had pizza for lunch! Corrie and I barley touched the surface of Venice as we knew the surface was all Faith could handle. I got to walk from the train station to St. Mark's Square and toured St. Mark's Church. The architecture was indescribable. There is a picture of the church. If you open it up and look closer, the color part is tiny mosaics that have something to do with Jesus. In the square I had two men ask if they could take their picture with me, that was different.... There were opportunities to ride on a gondola every corner you turned, prob not the safest thing to take a one year old on, so we didn't. Thats something I want to do with my husband anyway. Venice was amazing and I am so glad I got to explore it with my sister.


No comments:

Post a Comment